Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Things I Will Miss About Pregnancy

Yes, you read that title right.  There are some things I will actually miss about pregnancy.  I know, I surprised myself with that one!  I always thought I would hate pregnancy.  The way it is described and the way it looks just seems absolutely miserable!  Now don't get me wrong - I would not say that I like being pregnant more than not being pregnant - but since most people only talk about the negative aspects of pregnancy I thought I would shed some light on some of the good things about being pregnant.

People are nicer to pregnant people.  Maybe this is just in my own experience, but I seriously feel this way.  Ever since I have been showing I have more people smile at me.  I have more people opening doors for me.  I have people letting me go in front of them in line.  In general people are just so much nicer.  I have noticed that once the baby is out, the way people treat you is based on how "good" your baby is.  If you have a little one that sleeps and coos all the time, the nice behavior keeps up.  But if you have a fussy one you get glared at.  I suppose we will see how this plays out when the baby arrives, but for now I'll just enjoy the kindness of people.
 
Body Confidence.  I have never been so comfortable in my own skin.  I think it's because when I gain weight, I typically gain it in my belly.  Being pregnant I am supposed to gain weight in my belly AND everyone thinks it's cute!  I have had people stop me and tell me that my legs are skinner now that I'm pregnant.  I tell them it's just in comparison to my huge belly, but they swear I have actually lost some weight in my legs - REALLY??  I also have people telling me all the time how good I look.  No one EVER did that when I was not pregnant.  I tell people how far along I am and they are like, "No way!"  I think this may go along with the people being nice to pregnant people, but I'll take it!

Food tastes better.  Seriously, I never knew about this!  I mean I have always loved to eat, but never so much as I have since I have been pregnant.  Now that my pregnancy is winding down I keep telling Matt that I want to get (fill in the blank with a food) one more time before I'm not pregnant anymore.  Only thing I can assume is that it has something to do with the heightened sense of smell during pregnancy. 
 
Kicks are cool.  I always thought I would HATE the feeling of a baby moving around inside me.  From what other people have said to me, it just always seemed like it would be more annoying than cool.  I had even heard that they hurt once you get to the third trimester.  Well, not only have I absolutely LOVED every time I have felt the baby kick, but the third trimester kicks are actually my favorites!  I do have to say that the baby has not woken me up from sleep with his/her kicks so that may have something to do with it (I'm a VERY deep sleeper) but I just think it is so cool to actually feel the little limbs inside of me. 

So as I anxiously await the end of this pregnancy I thought it would be good to remember the things that I actually liked about being pregnant.  Meara or Alex, it has been a (surprisingly) wonderful 9 months with you inside me.  I can't wait to meet you on the outside and see your beautiful face!  Not much longer now!

No comments:

Post a Comment