Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, July 8, 2011

39 Weeks

Almost there!  According to babycenter.com, baby continues to build a layer of fat to help control his/her body temperature after birth.  It is likely baby already measures about 20 inches and weighs a bit over 7 pounds, a mini watermelon.  So baby is all ready to come out.  We just have to get my body ready.  According to Dr. Bale, I am still not dilated.  Apparently my cervix is extremely thin and the baby is extremely low - but there is still no dilation.  I have one more appointment with him next Thursday and if I haven't gone by then, we will make an appointment for induction sometime the week of the 18th.  So the baby will be here within the next two weeks!  So exciting!


I've been feeling pretty well lately.  We had a very busy 4th of July weekend.  I was afraid I wouldn't be up for all the activities we had planned, but luckily I did!  On Friday we had our good friends Sarah and Tim over for dinner.  It was so nice to catch up with them and just have a nice dinner together.  On Saturday Matt and I went to Jilly's Cupcakes.  I had been wanting to go there for a while now and ever since they were featured on (and won) Cupcake Wars on the Food Network I just knew I HAD to go there before the baby came.  It didn't disappoint!  We ate a delicious lunch and shared a chocolate cupcake while we were there and then we each took a cupcake home to enjoy later.  YUMMY!!!!


Saturday night was very productive.  My parents came over with dinner and my dad hung the curtains in the baby's room.  Rick came over too and he and Matt finished the chair rail in the dining room.  I had a long list of things I needed to get done and my mom took me out shopping to get all of it done on Sunday.  I am not going to lie, I was EXHAUSTED after we finished everything we needed to do, but it was worth it.  Thank God we were off on Monday for the 4th!  Matt and I slept 11 hours straight!  We are all too aware that that was the last time we will be doing that for a while so it was glorious.  We took it easy for most of the morning then I made my 4th of July cake:

And Matt worked on finishing the dining room.  We then went to the Bommarito's annual party and later that night we met Anna and Matt out for a fireworks show.  As I said, we had a VERY busy weekend but we got a LOT done.  And I was so glad I had the energy to do it all!  I can honestly say that I feel like we are as ready as we are ever going to be to have the baby.

I have also been doing all my last minute "beauty regimens."  Mom and I got a pedicure over the weekend - she said that my feet are going to look fabulous in the stirrups!  HAHA!  I also got my hair done and my brows waxed.  I realize that no matter what I'm not going to look good during labor, but really I wanted to get all this done before the baby came because who knows when I will have time to do any of it afterwards?  It felt nice to get a bit of pampering in!

Last but not least, we have also finished all of our classes.  We went to a breastfeeding class on Tuesday night.  I wasn't quite sure what to expect with that.  I've heard horror stories about those La Leche League women but the woman who taught our class was very nice and very supportive.  She was honest with me about having only one breast and the fact that I may have to supplement with formula.  Matt was a trooper too.  I'm so glad he came with me.  When I'm up in the middle of the night and at the end of my rope because the baby won't feed, I know I will have a great support in my husband.  He really learned a lot and I was surprised at how much he retained.  I am very thankful to have such a wonderful daddy for our baby!

Okay, so we know that Matt and I are as prepared as we can be for the baby, now let's take a look at my belly at 39 weeks!  Matt was very busy the night we took these, so he took them very haphazardly.  They are off center and at a different angle than usual.  I'm just glad we got pictures from every week!  You can see the work he and Rick finished in the dining room behind me. 




And here is a picture of me straight on.  I think this one really shows just how much the baby has dropped!  When Dr. Bale checked me yesterday he was like, "Woe!  There's the baby's head!" 

Baby is LOW!  Anyway, I was able to get the nursery looking finished enough to take some pictures and I did take some, but this post is getting really long!  I will put up another one featuring the nursery sometime this weekend if I have time.  If not I'll have it up by Monday at the latest.  Onto yet another busy weekend!  I'll update more later!

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh! So close and so exciting!!! Fear not about your cervix. A lot of first time moms efface and drop before they start to dilate, so if you're effacing, your body is still doing a lot ( I always tell my moms not to focus only on dilation because it's only one of the magic three combo that gets a baby here)!!! Also, because you mentioned you want to avoid the pit, you can ask him if he's willing to strip your membranes at your next appointment to try to get things going... if you want. Ok, I hope I'm not being too annoying - I'm just incredibly excited!

    You look absolutely gorgeous by the way! You will look good in labor, girl! Know that I'm thinking about you guys and praying for you guys and I can't wait to see this beautiful baby!!!

    xoxo
    -Bridge

    ReplyDelete