Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, July 14, 2011

40 Weeks UPDATED!!

Okay, I'm 40 weeks now . . . doesn't that mean I'm supposed to have a baby on the outside by now?  I will be seeing Dr. Bale this afternoon and I plan to update this post with any progress I have (or have not for that matter) made.  Last week he said I was effaced and the baby was low but there was no dilation.  We will see if that last part has changed.  There is a full moon over night tonight too so that may do something.  If not though, my official induction date has been set for July 21st (We have 3 guesses for the 21st in the baby pool so this bodes well for Cynthia, Uncle Darell and Bridget).   According to babycenter.com, it's hard to say for sure how big the baby will be at birth, but the average newborn weighs about 7 1/2 pounds (a small pumpkin) and is about 20 inches long.  There really isn't much to read about out there anymore - they pretty much say that the baby is fully formed and will be making its appearance any day now.  We knew that already.  So the waiting continues . . .

Matt and I have continued to stay busy over the past week.  Friday night our friend Anne came over.  We had a really nice night talking and she brought us the cutest little gifts - a baby book and some alphabet flash cards.  Thanks Anne!  Saturday morning we decided to go to Crown Candy.  It's a St. Louis landmark that Matt and I had never been to.  It is yet another place in St. Louis that was featured on The Food Network.  This one was on Man vs. Food.  Anyway we had talked to Erin about how we had never been there and she said she hadn't either so the three of us we down there.  It definitely lived up to the hype!


Saturday afternoon/night we went to Adam and Katie's 30th birthday party.  It was a lot of fun to catch up with so many people.  Matt and Adam had a lot of fun working on the keg.  We ended up staying until about 1am.  Unfortunately at that point Katie (also pregnant) and I were just too tired to keep the party going.  I realize that this will probably be the last time in a while that Matt will be able to sit up and drink with his buddy though, so I stayed as late as possible.  I'm glad they got that time together!

On Sunday, we had two birthday parties.  Grace turned 6 and Will turned 2!  My mom and I went to Grace's birthday party first then we headed over to Will's house.  His actual birthday was Wednesday the 13th, but we celebrated on Sunday.  It was so much fun to see him get so excited over all his gifts.  He really seemed to like us singing to him too!  It was a great day!


So that was last week.  We have not planned anything this week since we knew I was due this week.  Assuming I do not go into labor before the 21st, we will have to do what we can in order to stay busy and not go crazy!  Only time will tell now!

Here are my 40 week photos.  I'm hoping they are the last ones but there is a chance I will be posting some 41 week photos next week.  After I put on the weekly photo clothes I looked in the mirror and said to Matt, "I really thought I'd be bigger than this at 40 weeks . . ."  He looked at me and said, "Um, no offense, but I really thought you would too!"  Either way, here I am at 40 weeks:



If it's even possible, I think my belly is even lower than last week.  What do you think?  Anyway, I'm leaving for the doctor in about 2 hours and I will update with what he says as soon as I get home.  One week or less to go!

An update from the Doctor's Office.  I am dilated 1cm now.  Not much progress, but it is one less that I will have to get to during labor.  Come on full moon tonight!  HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment