Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 28, 2011

29 Weeks

I am 29 weeks now!  Babycenter.com says that the baby is growing rapidly right now - All I have to say to that is, "Ya think?"  My belly is getting quite large as well as the number on the scale . . . yikes!  I told Matt that I haven't weighed this much since I lived in Wisconsin.  Matt reminded me though that now I have a real baby - not a beer, cheese and brat baby.  Very true! 

The baby weighs about 2.5 pounds now and is about 15 inches long.  Babycenter.com says this is about the size of a butternut squash.  The baby's muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his/her head is getting bigger to accommodate his/her growing brain.  Also the skeleton is hardening.  This mean's that baby's nutritional needs are at their peak during this trimester.  Which means I should probably try to do better than I have been doing.  I'm still going with the fact that ice cream has calcium in it though :)

This past weekend was filled with lots of cleaning and family time.  I cleaned out the office in the basement.  This proved to be a much bigger task than I anticipated, but it was well worth it!  I'm afraid that it's so clean now, I may never see Matt again.  It's quite the nice "Man Cave" now!  I needed to clean it out because some of the things we used to keep in the extra bedroom (now the nursery) needed to be moved down there.  It feels good to have a place for everything we needed to keep! 

We of course celebrated Easter on Sunday.  We started the day at mass with Rick, Gerry, Debbie and Alyssa.  Alyssa was pleasantly surprised at how much my belly has grown since last time she saw me.  She said that it's baby Alexander in there and that she is going to marry him some day.  We didn't want to get into the whole incest thing with a 3-year-old so we just let that one go.  I did ask her though, what if it's a girl?  She just looked at me like I had three heads and said, "It's a boy!"  Okay then. . .

After mass we went to Rick and Gerry's house for a nice brunch prepared mostly by Matt, Jason and Elizabeth.  Quite yummy!  After brunch we headed over to my parents house to go through the communal Easter basket and pick out our goodies.  Matt got a couple Reeses Carrots and I got some Haribo Easter gummies!  Then we headed out to Uncle Thos's house to meet the rest of my side of the family.  It was fun to hear everyone's predictions as to whether I'm having a boy or a girl.  I think there are more that are thinking boy than girl.  It wsa the first time a lot of the family has seen me with an actual belly. 

And speaking of the belly, here are this week's pictures.  I said I would try to remember what Matt said to me during the photo session and unfortunately this week Matt was pretty silent.  He did however wink at me at one point which of course caused both of us to crack up.  I don't know why it was so funny, but it was!  We were just discussing that I actually have a "legit" belly now.  We have been able to see it for quite some time now, but it seems like strangers are finally starting to really be able to tell.  I get a lot of questions at the grocery store and just out and about in general.  Without further ado, here I am at 29 weeks:


Anyway, that's it for week 29.  I'll be back with more next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment