Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 14, 2011

27 Weeks

I am 27 weeks along now and the baby is getting big!  Babycenter.com is comparing him/her to a head of cauliflower, weighing in at about 2 pounds and about 14.5 inches long.  The baby is now sleeping and waking in regular intervals, opening and closing his/her eyes and even sucking on his/fingers.  Another thing that may be happening soon is hiccups.  I have not felt them yet, but I should be feeling them soon.

Things with Matt and I are going well.  Matt has been working on painting the baby's room each night after work.  It's going to take a while since I want all the trim to be white and it is a very dark brown right now.  I've also talked Matt and Rick into putting up some crown molding and a chair rail so as I said, the nursery will be taking a while, but it will be worth it. 

I have had an amazingly strong sweet tooth lately.  Because of this, I have been baking away!  One day I wanted brownies and the next I wanted chocolate cheesecake.  You know you live with a pregnant woman when you have all this in your house at the same time:


Needless to say, I am not looking forward to what my weight gain is after all this. 

Another thing that has happened this week is that we celebrated the one year since my mastectomy (aka one year cancer-free!) on Wednesday.  I wasn't sure I really wanted to celebrate this.  This was just such a difficult time last year and I kinda just wanted to forget about it.  I mean I have a reminder of it right in my chest, it's not something I will EVER forget.  Why would I want to celebrate it?  Matt decided we need to celebrate it though because it is because of that surgery that I am still alive.  And it is because I am still alive that our baby is alive.  So we went out to celebrate my life and our baby's life.  We decided to have dinner at Brasserie by Niche.  The food was ridiculously good!  I tried to get some pictures of us at dinner and of our food, but the flash would not cooperate.  I have a couple pictures, but our eyes are closed in them.  Here is one of me sitting in front of my food.  Like I said, the flash was too bright, so excuse my eyes:


Pregnancy has definitely made the whole mastectomy obvious.  Luckily I just found out that my insurance will cover a prosthetic for my right side to even things out a bit.  From the looks of this picture, I definitely need it NOW!

I love that shirt.  It belongs to my friend Katy (Bayes) Jones.  She has graciously let me borrow it!  I like it so much I had Matt take a picture of me before dinner.  I realized that I have only put pictures of me in the same boring outfit on here to show the growth of my belly.  So here is a picture of me in a different outfit:


I'll try to remember to include more pictures of me in nice clothes!

And now on to this week's belly shots:




That's it for this week.  We still have a lot to do before the baby gets here!  13(ish) weeks to go!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you are looking pregnant now!!! and how cute are you! It sounds like the babys room is going to be beautiful! Eat one of those brownies for me! Cynthia

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Why would I want to celebrate it? Matt decided we need to celebrate it though because it is because of that surgery that I am still alive".

    -- So simple, yet deep and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want some of that dinner! It looked so good (though for a pregnant lady, I think you could've done much better on the fries ;). You look beautiful, Caitlin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just a note about the fries . . .

    I WOULD have done better on them, but they accidentally burnt my soup and because we had been waiting so long for our food, they gave us complimentary gougeres (yummy little cheesy puff things). By the time I ate those, all the bread and soup, that was all the damage I could do on the fries. We didn't even have room for dessert - which is TOTALLY not like Pregnant Caitlin.

    Oh well! Thanks for all the compliments everyone!

    ReplyDelete