Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, May 20, 2011

32 Weeks

At 32 weeks, baby is about 16.7 inches long and weighs about 3.75 pounds.  Babycenter.com says this is about the same as a large jicama.  (For the record, I have no idea what a jicama is).  Baby continues to fatten up gaining about a half a pound a week!  He/she also has fingernails, toenails and hair now. 

This past weekend Matt and I spent getting ready for the coming weeks.  Matt and his dad went to Bass Pro Shop to prepare for their fishing trip that is coming up.  They also stopped by The Home Depot to get the wood for crown molding and chair rail that will be going up in the baby's room.  As for me, I think the whole "nesting" thing is starting to set in.  I'm not compulsive (yet) but I have this great desire to get things in place.  I went on an ordering binge yesterday - ordering everything that I have been looking at the past couple months and just couldn't quite commit to yet.  So the rug for the baby's room, some fitted sheets, an accent table for our bedroom and the baby's mattress are all on the way (the mattress was thanks to Grandma Colleen and Grandpa Ray).  So things are getting there. 

Here are this week's belly shots.  I look exhausted in these pictures because, well, I am!  We were all set to take the pictures and then realized that the camera battery was not charged.  So we had to wait a couple hours for it to charge up.  In the mean time I rested and watched TV.  By the time I came out, well, here's what I looked like.  Matt said he needs to make me laugh more when we take these pictures so I don't have such a fake smile.  We'll work on it.  Anyway - here I am at 32 weeks pregnant:



Anyway that's all for this week.  We have our childbirth class tomorrow.  Neither one of us is really looking forward to that, but I suppose we'll get through it!

If you haven't put in your predictions for Baby Vogt yet - put them in here:    http://bebepool.com/go/?a=caitlinandmatt&view=list

1 comment:

  1. you're getting there girl--you look beautifully pregnant! now's when you want to get as much rest as you can, and relish it, cuz when baby arrives you will be missing it!! I'm very excited for the 3 of you!! love, Cynthia

    ReplyDelete