Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, May 12, 2011

31 Weeks

The countdown is officially in the single digits.  Crazy how fast this is going by so far!  According to babycenter.com the baby is about 16 inches long and weighs about 3.3 pounds which is about the same weight as 4 navel oranges.  The baby is going on a big growth spurt lately!  He/she can turn his/her head from side to side, and his/her arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin.  Baby has indeed been a mover and a shaker lately!  I feel it all the time.  Apparently this will start to keep me up at night soon, but so far I have been sleeping like a champ still!  I did buy a snoogle since I have had a hard time finding a comfortable position sometimes but as I said, I have not had ANY trouble sleeping just yet.  I am well aware that this will more likely than not change soon, so I'm just enjoying it while it lasts.

Matt and I had yet another busy week!  Last Thursday we celebrated Cinco de Mayo with Anna and Matt.  We had a nice dinner and they even made a non-alcoholic margarita for me!



Sunday was of course Mother's Day.  The baby got me a very nice card and Matt was somehow able to get baby to sign the card without me even knowing it!  We started the day by visiting Matt's grandma and attended the Catholic service they held at the nursing home.  I was glad that we were able to see his grandma for at least a little time on Mother's Day.  Matt's mom had to work so we plan to celebrate with her this coming Sunday.  After the nursing home, we headed to my parents house.  My mom and dad gave me a couple maternity shirts and some bump butter for my growing belly.  As soon as my sister got there, we headed out to Villa Antonio Winery.  It was a gorgeous day for the winery!  I REALLY wish I hadn't forgotten to take pictures there - oh well!  It was a great day spent with my mom!  I can't wait till next year when I have a baby on the outside to celebrate with.


 
Last night Matt and I went to see Jersey Boys.  We actually bought the tickets to see the show right around the time we found out about the baby.  I purposely got us seats on the aisle so that my large belly wouldn't have to maneuver past a bunch of people.  The show was fantastic!  I loved the story line and the music was spectacular!  Before the show and during intermission, Matt and I walked around the Fox Theatre.  Matt loved the big chairs:


He also loved the mirrors.  He was having a little fun taking pictures of me in them.  This was his favorite:


So that was our week last week.  I hoping that this week we (aka Matt and the grandpas) can get enough of the nursery done that I can post pictures soon.  But it is still very much a work in progress.  I guess it will get there!

Here are this week's belly shots.  Matt's first comment when I came out in the black tank top and gray pants was, "Oh my goodness!"  I gave him a look and he was like, "What, I said Yo My Goodness . . . we should go get some frozen yogurt."  Then when I lifted up my shirt so he could get the bare belly shots he said, "Wow, you are about to pop!"  I said, "About to pop?  We still have 9 more weeks to go!"  He said, "Your poor belly!"  HAHA!  Okay, for real now, here are the photos:



So that's where we are with 9 weeks to go!  I still can't believe we are going to have a baby in our arms in about 2 more months!  Don't forget to go out and put in your predictions about Baby Vogt:  http://bebepool.com/go/?a=caitlinandmatt&view=list

No comments:

Post a Comment