Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On

Well it turns out that Baby Vogt is a mover and a shaker!  During our ultrasound yesterday, the baby would not hold still for the technician to get a good picture of it.  We did get a couple decent pictures, but nothing like I have seen some other people get.  Without further ado, here are some pictures of our beautiful baby:

Profile:


 Profile with mouth open (I think this one looks a little cartoonish):

Baby's hands (curled up into little fists):

A blurry look at the feet:

So there's our baby!  Isn't he/she cute?  I cannot stop looking at the pictures! 

We (or more accurately I) decided not to find out the sex of the baby, however we both had a couple thoughts after seeing the baby on the screen.  Right when the ultrasound technician put the wand on my belly I saw the face and thought, "Wow, there's my baby boy!"  This is interesting because I have said from Day 1 that I think it's a girl.  For the record, I'm still going with girl, but could this be a bit of mother's intuition kicking in?  I guess we'll find out in July!  Also, Matt THINKS he saw a penis.  However when really questioned about this he said, "Well, it could've been a penis.  Then again I don't really know WHAT I was looking at.  It really could've been anything for all I know."  So there is some very unofficial, very unscientific proof that it is a boy.  HA!

Matt also thinks the baby has my nose and my lips.  You can't see it in the picture above, but the baby had really big lips in a couple of the shots we saw.  Of course he/she could have just been puckering or the lips could have been swollen a bit, but I'll take it for now.  Matt also thinks he saw a penis, so who knows?  I suppose we'll see how good Matt's ultrasound reading is come July.  If he is right on all these points, we may have to rethink his career choice.

As I mentioned earlier the baby is a mover!  It was so cool to see all the little baby movements and mannerisms.  He (or she) kept arching his (or her) back and then curling up.  It's little arms and legs were just flailing around like crazy too.  So freakin' cute!  I'm not so sure I will think it's so cute if all this movement keeps up when the baby is out of me, but for now it is adorable!

I have not been able to stop smiling since we saw the baby and also since the doctor told us that it looks VERY healthy.  Everything is developing correctly and it the right size.  I'm one happy mama!

1 comment:

  1. Awwww! And I am one happy Auntie!!! I LOVE seeing these pictures! He/She is sooooo beautiful! Really, very attractive - I can tell you know ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete