Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

21 Weeks

As of Monday, I am 21 weeks along!  On to the fruits and vegetables for this week.  According to babycenter.com, the baby is the length of a carrot.  Thebump.com says a banana:

Photo courtesy of thebump.com

The fruits and vegetables are becoming increasingly inconsistent, but whatever, it's still kinda fun!  So from head to toe the baby is about 10.5 inches long and weighs about 12.5 ounces!  The big news this week is that the baby's movements are getting stronger.  I can attest to that as I am feeling it move much more frequently!  It's pretty cool!  I can't wait for Matt to be able to feel it from the outside, but so far that hasn't happened. 

We had another busy weekend full of LOTS of eating!  I swear if I keep this up I am going to gain 50 pounds with this pregnancy.  We started on Friday night with Dewey's.  My friend Kerri was in town for a class she had to take so we thought we'd take her out.  Of course when you have a friend in town that has never been there, you have to take her to Ted Drewes!  YUMMY!  Saturday was my birthday.  We started the day with Rick coming over to help move some of the stuff out of the baby's room.  Matt and Rick took 2 trips and Rick and Gerry have graciously let us use their basement for storage!  Now we just have to get those beds out of there!  As soon as the stuff was moved, we picked up my mom and headed to Adriana's.  I have been craving it for a while now so being my birthday and all, we couldn't pass it up!  Adriana even gave me my lunch for free since it was my big day!  After lunch, we headed out to Treasure Rooms to order some nursery furniture.  We ordered a crib and a dresser.  They will take a couple months to come in but they said it should all be here before the baby. 

When we got home, Matt and I started getting ready for dinner at Vin de Set.  Our good friend, Kirby, is one of the chefs there and although we had eaten his food before, we had never actually eaten at the restaurant!  The food was amazing and Kirby sent out not one but TWO desserts for us to share!  It was wonderful!  We headed back home to watch a couple episodes of Mad Men, but I only made it through one before the food coma hit and I was out!  On Sunday we went to mass first thing in the morning and on the way there, of course I was hungry again.  I mentioned to Matt that we should go out to breakfast.  So after mass we went to Chris's Pancake & Dining.  I had bacon, hashbrowns, toast and pancakes.  I could not leave without having them ALL.  And to top off the weekend of food, we went to my parents' house that night and had That's a Nice'a Pizza.

After that weekend, it will be interesting to see what my weight is at my doctor's appointment tomorrow!  Yes, we have an appointment tomorrow AND the big ultrasound!  We are really excited to see the baby.  Last time we saw it, it just looked like a little gummy bear.  It will be so cool to see it looking like a baby this time!  I'll post pictures soon!

Speaking of pictures, here are this week's belly shots.  Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, I think the flash was turned off!  My belly is getting quite a bit bigger and really rounding out this week (although I don't know if it is baby or food that is making it do that).  Matt even said as he was taking these pictures, "Ummm, hun, your gut is kinda hanging out."  Yea, thanks Matt!



Next week will not be too much different than this week foodwise, so I have been drinking my smoothies and trying to eat as healthy as possible during the week to prepare.  Matt said to me that if we keep eating like this he's really gonna have to start running again.  Then he looked at my belly and said, "And you, well, you've really let yourself go."  He's such a smartass! 

1 comment:

  1. sounds like a PERFECT birthday weekend in STL. thank you for now making me realize how much i would like an Adriana's sandwich;)

    ReplyDelete