Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, June 9, 2011

35 Weeks

In Bump world, today is known as 35/35.  This means that I am 35 weeks pregnant with 35 days to go.  This is getting quite exciting!  According to babycenter.com, the baby is about 18 inches long and weighs about 5.25 pounds.  This is about the size of a honeydew melon.  Baby's kidneys are fully developed now, and the liver can process some waste products.  Most of the basic physical development is now complete – baby will spend the next few weeks putting on weight.

Matt and I had quite an eventful week!  As I mentioned briefly in the last post, Matt went on a fishing trip with his dad in Minnesota last week.  According to Matt and Rick, the weather was awful most of the time they were up there, but they still had a good time.  Matt even caught a 32 inch fish on the first day.  Conveniently they did not bring the camera that day, so there is no proof of this . . . I'm still a little skeptical (just kidding!)  It really sounded like they had a really nice time and it was some good father son bonding. 

On Friday, I left for Washington D.C. for Katie and Patrick's Wedding.  Since nobody's husbands/fiances were able to join us, we had a really fun girls weekend!  We spent Friday night at Katie and Patrick's welcome picnic just catching up enjoying each other.  On Saturday, the wedding didn't start till 4pm, so we (Jackie, Sabrina, Kerri and I) decided to take a walk around the memorials.  We started at the White House.  I posted the following picture on Facebook and my favorite comment made on in was by Staci.  She said, "Were you showing your daughter (that's my guess) her future home?!?!"


After showing the baby his/her future home, we walked past the Washington Memorial, the Jefferson Memorial (no pictures) and the Lincoln Memorial.




Despite what it looks like, all these locations were actually quite a far distance from each other and I was absolutely exhausted!  Luckily it was about time to head back to the hotel to get ready for the wedding.  

The wedding was absolutely gorgeous!  Katie was such a beautiful bride and both she and Patrick looked so happy!


 
(the "Strack Pack" minus Bridget - We missed you Bridge!)

The trip was so wonderful and it was so good to see so many of my friends!  Congrats to Katie and Patrick!

When I got home on Sunday I was absolutely exhausted!  It took a couple days to get feeling back to normal, but I now I'm feeling as back to normal as I'm going to get at 35 weeks pregnant.

Here are this week's photos.  Matt was pretty quiet during this photo session, but at the very end he did say, "Your belly is hanging over your pants!"  That made me laugh a little - and made me give him a glare as well!  As I was looking over the pictures I questioned him as to why they are so far away this time.  He said, "I had to fit everything in!"  HAHA, okay, enough with the fat jokes.  Here are the pictures of me at 35 weeks pregnant:


Well that's it for 35 weeks.  This week will be busy as well as I have 2 more showers coming up!  I can't say it enough, this baby is very loved!  Sabrina said she would send me a few more pictures from the first shower as well, so hopefully I'll be able to post a bit more about that one!  Oh and our nursery furniture is coming tomorrow, so I may be able to post nursery pictures soon!  Exciting stuff is coming up!

No comments:

Post a Comment