Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, June 6, 2011

34 Weeks

Whew!  I have been BUSY lately!  So this was supposed to be posted on Thursday, but here it is Monday and I am just now getting to it.  So anyway, as of Thursday I am 34 weeks along!  According to babycenter.com the baby is about is about 18 inches long and weighs about 4.75 pounds - about the size of a cantaloupe.  Pretty much the same development has been going on this week - gaining fat and lungs are maturing. 

Matt and I had our first baby shower last Saturday.  Sabrina, Jackie and Staci threw this shower for me.  It was WONDERFUL!  We had a ladder golf tournament, lots of delicious food and a couple fun baby shower guessing games.  Here are a couple pictures from the festivities:








Everyone seemed to have a nice time and we got a lot of very nice gifts for the baby.  I feel like a broken record, but it is true - our baby is already so loved.  We are very lucky to have such wonderful friends and family!

Right after the shower, Matt left for his fishing trip with his dad.  He was gone all week, but I kept myself very busy while he was away.  That night Sabrina, Jackie and I met Erin and some of her friends at Pi for dinner and then we went to Ted Drewes.  This past week, I also started a sewing class with Anna on Tuesday nights.  Hopefully I'll actually be good at sewing and be able to make the baby some good stuff in time.  On Wednesday I used one of my gift certificates to get a prenatal massage.  It was really nice!  I have one more gift certificate to use so I am very happy about that!  Thursday I went out with my mom, Aunt Patty, Aunt Tammy, Aunt Lisa, cousins Heather and Mandy and my sister Erin to dinner and to see the movie Bridesmaids.  It was hilarious!  Then on Friday I packed up and headed out to Washington DC for Katie Mac's Wedding.  (More on that in my next post).

The paragraph above shows the reason why this post is so late.  I was just crazy busy all week long!  I am so tired right now and I'm sure as a result this post is a tiny bit incoherent, but I wanted to get it out there before it was too late.  Since Matt was out of town, my mom graciously came over to take this week's belly pictures.  Being a nurse, when I asked if she could come over to take this week's belly shots, she automatically assumed I needed some sort of injection in my belly.  HAHA!  Anyway eventually she understood what I meant.  Here I am at 34 weeks pregnant:



Okay, that's about all I have for last week.  I will update again later this week to catch up on everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment