Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

19 Weeks

19 weeks as of yesterday!  I know I usually post on Mondays, but I was a little bit cranky yesterday!  (what, ME cranky????  I know, hard to believe!)  I know it was mainly hormones at play, but I was also very concerned with things about the nursery.  Mom and I went to Treasure Rooms to look at furniture over the weekend.  We found a lot of nice things, but none of which I was really crazy about.  There was a really good deal on a set of furniture, but it only came in black.  That does not go very well with the color scheme I have picked already.  I think the problem is that I KNOW what I really want for the nursery, but I think I'm the only one who likes the idea.  People ask what I really want and when I tell them they make other suggestions.  I have to wonder why anyone has even asked my opinion in the first place.  Lucky for me Matt gave me the best Valentines gift yesterday.  He said I can do whatever I want with the nursery!  This has eased my mind a LOT!  Now I can just delegate the work and not have anyone question me anymore.  Matt and I plan to go back to Treasure Rooms tonight to finalize the furniture decision. 

Anyway, back to the baby at 19 weeks.  According to babycenter.com the baby is the size of an heirloom tomato.  According to thebump.com it is the size of a mango:

Photo Courtesy of thebump.com

Or approximately 6 inches long and weighs about 8.5 ounces.  His or her arms and legs are now in the right proportion to the body.  The brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch.  So there is some big development going on inside me this week!  As far as movement, I can officially say that I felt the baby move!  It was last Thursday.  I was exhausted after work, so I lay down with the TV off and the light off just to take a 15 minute power nap.  As I began to relax, I felt little waves in my abdomen.  I know I have never had this feeling before, so it HAD to be the baby!  It was so cool.  Unfortunately I have not felt it again since that moment, but I know it won't be long till I feel it all the time!

My belly is definitely getting bigger!  Here are this week's pictures:




So that's about it for week 19.  Hopefully we will start making progress on the nursery in the next couple weeks so I can start posting pictures of that.  We'll see . . .

Till next time . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment