Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, February 7, 2011

18 Weeks

Woo hoo, 18 weeks!  Baby is now about 5.5 inches long and weighs about 7 ounces.  According to babycenter.com, he/she is about the size of a bell pepper.  According to thebump.com, he/she is the size of a sweet potato:


Photo courtesy of thebump.com

Apparently the baby is moving around like crazy, although I'm still not quite sure whether or not I am able to feel it.  The ears are in the final position now which of course has brought up some jokes about whose ears the baby will get.  Matt thinks we may finally have someone who has smaller ears than me for longer than the first 2 years of his life.  We'll see I guess.

We went to see Dr. Bale last Thursday.  Baby's heart is beating strong and he/she is definitely growing.  He said everything looked great with me as well.  I will go back in 4 weeks for my big ultrasound and another exam.  We're really looking forward to seeing the baby again!

Matt and I have been keeping busy as usual.  I was getting a bad case of cabin fever with all the snow we have been getting lately, so it has been a good thing to get out this past weekend!  We have been celebrating birthdays galore!  On Friday we celebrated our friend Kirby's birthday, Saturday we celebrated Anna and Vicki's birthday and then Sunday we celebrated my dad's birthday.  So it has felt nice to keep busy and see our friends. 

I bought my first pair of maternity jeans and actually wore them out this weekend!  Matt LOVED me in them!  He said that this whole motherhood thing is a good look for me.  So my belly is definitely growing!  Here are this week's pictures:







4 comments:

  1. I didn't feel baby until 21 weeks, and then all of a sudden it was like he was having a party in there. You'll feel baby soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I'm the same way! Just in this past week, 20ish weeks, is when I'm really feeling it. Like, "oh yeah, that's definitely the baby."

    So much fun Caitlin! Pregnancy is awesome and I hope you are enjoying it. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! I just feel so much down there, it's kinda hard for me to pinpoint what exactly it is. I felt the ovulation (and then thought - uh oh, I know what we did last night!) I felt the implantation (and thought, hmmmm, that's different, maybe I should test). And I definitly have felt quite a bit of stretching. So it's hard for me to tell now if what I'm feeling now is the baby moving or just more stretching. Everything is new! As you said though, I'm sure I'll be able to distinguish it within a couple weeks.
    Pregnancy really is a cool thing. I fully anticipated it being the worst 9 months of my life, but so far so good. Thanks so much for your input. It's nice to hear from people who have been through it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pregnancy thing does look good on you!!! What is the heartbeat - I want to know for boy/girl reasons ;)

    Gotta run - kids are REALLY crabby (nap time) we will talk soon!

    You look great! Love that baby bump

    ReplyDelete