Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monday, November 22, 2010

Telling Matt

I mentioned in the first post that I would tell the story about "the thing" I set up in order to tell Matt that I'm pregnant.  So here it goes:

Shortly after my mom and dad (Colleen and Ray) got married, my mom was pregnant with my brother.  Shortly after he was born, mom got pregnant again (unfortunately she ended up losing that baby).  Shortly after that she got pregnant with me.  Shortly after I was born, she was pregnant with my little sister.  She was either pregnant or taking care of a newborn for the first 5 years of her marriage. 

While all this was going on, my grandpa (mom's dad) owned a farm.  He raised cattle on this farm.  There were many female cows, but only one bull.  Now of course any good farmer would want this one bull to be extremely fertile so that he could get as many of the females pregnant as possible and therefore have more cows for sale.  So for good luck, grandpa named his bull Ray, after my dad since he was successful in getting my mom pregnant so often.

Fast forward almost 30 years later to November 5, 2010 - the day I got the positive pregnancy test.  As I mentioned in my first post, I couldn't wait till Matt got home from work to tell him, so I drove down right away.  When he came out to the car, this is what he saw sitting on the passenger car seat:



1 comment: