Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker           Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Update on Baby Number 3

I'm finally caught up on the boys' posts, so I thought I would take this opportunity to update on Baby Number 3 . . . Or as Matt likes to call him/her "BV3".

I am currently just over 35 weeks pregnant.  Baby has been a mover and a shaker just like mommy loves!  I was able to catch some of the movement on camera:


I left off my last post right before my big 20 week ultrasound.  I ended up getting that ultrasound on January 6th.  It was kind of a crazy time!  I had been  hoping that Alex could come and see the baby because I thought he would enjoy it.  Matt had work meetings and was unable to come so that left my mom to bring Alex.  Declan needed a nap at the time of the ultrasound, so my mom called my Aunt Lisa to watch Declan.  Well, of course Declan wouldn't go down for his nap and didn't like being left with Aunt Lisa so they all ended up coming.  Since Declan didn't get a nap, he cried the entire ultrasound and insisted on laying on the tiny little table with me the whole time.  It was exhausting!  But we got some VERY cute pictures of the baby!  I will say that if this baby looks like his/her ultrasound pictures, we are sure to have a VERY good looking baby!  I can't get enough of this profile!


A couple days after my ultrasound I got a call from Dr. Gosser's office saying that they couldn't get all the measurements they needed because of baby's position (baby was breech and transverse).  So I needed to schedule another ultrasound.  This was music to my ears after the hectic first ultrasound I had.  And this time Matt was able to attend.  We got very lucky  too, because just 2 days before my 2nd ultrasound the doctor's office got a new 3D ultrasound machine!  So I got some really nice 3D photos of the baby!  These were taken on February 10th at just over 26 weeks:



As you can see, baby was a bit shy hiding his/her face during the 3D portion of this ultrasound, but again, take a look at this beautiful profile:


Oh, and I should mention baby was head down at this point and has remained so, phew!!

I have also been a lot better about taking bump pictures with this baby.  Not as good as I was with Alex, but definitely better than I was with Declan.  Here are the ones I have:

January 6th (21 weeks 2 days)



January 30th (24 Weeks 5 Days)


February 20th (27 Weeks 5 Days)


February 26th (28 Weeks 4 Days - My 35th Birthday)


March 4th (29 Weeks 4 Days - at the Fox Theatre)


March 15th (31 Weeks 1 Day)


March 17th (31 Weeks 3 Days)



April 3rd (One day shy of 34 Weeks)


I also had a professional maternity session between week 33 and 34, so it will be nice to see those photos too.  I'll get them after they take the baby's newborn photos :)

This pregnancy has by FAR been my hardest.  I have aches and pains that I NEVER had with the first two.  The baby is super low so I have had a lot of pressure in my lower abdomen and pain in my groin and upper legs.  The doctor thinks it MIGHT be SPD, but the risks of testing for it outweigh the benefits, so I guess we will never know for sure.  I also think it's hard just because I have two other kids to take care of.  They are very clingy boys who love their mama and I have a hard time saying no when when want me to hold them.  That paired with the fact that Matt has a very demanding job that requires him to work late and go out of town occasionally, I'm just EXHAUSTED!!  So it has been a challenging pregnancy to say the least, but it's such a short blip in my life that I'll get through it!

Speaking of those very sweet mama's boys of mine, I should mention that they are very excited about the baby coming.  I should correct that and say that Alex is very excited.  Declan says he is excited, but I don't think he will deal well with the baby taking mommy's attention away from him.  They love to rub lotion on my belly whenever they get a chance:



Alex also just really likes to hug my belly.  If he accidentally bumps into me (even if it is just a little brush) he immediately says, "Sorry baby!" and hugs and kisses my belly.  Sometimes he will just hug and kiss it because he loves the baby.  Someone asked him if he was gonna be a big brother soon and he said, "Uh huh!  Look how big my mommy's belly is!"  He went to see Dr. Gosser with me the other day.  Alex has been very concerned about me going to the hospital so I thought it would be good for him to meet the doctor that is going to help me get the baby out.  He just LOVED Dr. Gosser.  Dr. Gosser let Alex put the jelly on my tummy and he was so excited to hear the baby's heart beat.  He tells everyone that he doesn't care if it's a brother or a sister, he just can't wait to hold the baby.



In March we took the boys took a Big Brother Class so they could learn a bit about babies and also see the hospital where I'll be delivering so it won't be so shocking when they see me there with the baby.  Again, Alex just LOVED it!  He really took care of the little baby doll and was very interested in learning how to hold and swaddle the baby correctly.  Declan on the other hand wanted to do everything on his terms.  When we tried to show him how to hold the baby, he would just say, "No, no, no!" and hold it the way he wanted to hold it.  He even tried to leave the room with the doll.  We are gonna have to keep our eye on this one with the real baby!  They both decorated a bib for the baby as well.  It was a fun class and the boys seemed to really enjoy it.




This being my third baby, I didn't really expect any sort of celebration or shower.  However, my good friend, Deanna, decided to throw me a Baby Sprinkle saying that each baby deserves to be celebrated.  It was such a nice celebration and Deanna went above and beyond to celebrate this baby!  The guests all brought a book and most even brought me a box of diapers.  I felt so very loved and was thrilled to celebrate this baby with so many wonderful people!





I don't have any pictures of the guests at the shower, but if I ever get any I will post them here.  I left my phone at home that day (oops!) and was assured that others would send me photos.  Here's hoping!

I would like to end this post with another little story about Alex.  I am a member of a birth group on Facebook and I was watching one of the ladies' videos showing her gender reveal.  Alex walked in as I was watching and started watching with me.  When they opened the box and blue balloons came out I told him that means that she is having a baby boy!  So Alex asked me, "Mommy, what color are our balloons?"  I told him I don't know and that it will be a surprise.  Ever since then he has randomly said to me, "Mom, I think our balloons are blue."  or "Mom, I think our balloons are pink."  One day he said, "Mom, I REALLY hope our balloons are pink . . . but if they are blue that's okay because blue is my favorite color!"  LOL!  That kid cracks me up!  Matt and I are hoping to be able to set something up so that he gets either pink or blue balloons on the day the baby is born.  We have a couple ideas, so I hope it works out!

Stranger things have happened, but this will most likely be my last post before baby arrives.   Less than 5 weeks till the due date and there is still so much to do though, so I'm thinking this will be it.  Can't wait to update with the birth story!  BV3, we can't wait to meet you!

No comments:

Post a Comment